The KT 15 Amp Solar Controller is designed to charge 2 x 12V Deep Cycle Batteries simultaneously. Suited to charge Lead Acid, LTO, Gel, AGM, LiFePO4 & Calcium Battery types, this Solar Charge Controller prevents batteries from becoming overcharged. The unit provides an automatic equalisation feature for deeply drained conventional lead-acid or calcium battery.
The PWM Solar Charge Controller features a digital LCD to directly display battery voltage, charging current, charging capacity, percentage present, battery type, ambient temperature and faulty codes. Coloured LED’s indicate the operational status and each battery conditions.
Recommended for use with Single Solar Panels up to 160W or 2 x 100W Solar Panels in a parallel configuration.
KT’s range of solar regulators are PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) which are the most commonly used as they do not use moving parts like an MPPT controller, making them suitable for use on panels that are constantly being transported or moved eg; on the roof of a caravan, fitted to the back of a transportable, folding solar panel etc. PWM solar chargers use technology similar to other modern high-quality battery chargers. When a battery voltage reaches the regulation set-point, the PWM algorithm slowly reduces the charging current to avoid heating and gassing of the battery, yet the charging continues to return the maximum amount of energy to the battery in the shortest time. The result is a higher charging efficiency, rapid recharging, and a healthy battery at full capacity.
- Dimensions (Height): 100mm
- Dimensions (Length): 130mm
- Dimensions (Depth): 28mm
- 12V Dual Battery Charging
- Solar Panel Max 160W or 2 x 100W Solar Panels configured in parallel
- LCD Information Screen
- LED Power & Charging Status
- Selection Modes for Battery 1 & Battery 2 (BT1 – BT2)
- Suits Gel, AGM, Wet, Calcium, LTO & LiFePO4 Batteries.
- Present Percentage of Available Charge
- Reverse Polarity Protection, Short Circuit & Over Voltage
- IP65 Rated (dustproof & splashproof)
- Surface or flush mount
Warranty & Guarantees:
- 12 Month Warranty on Manufacture & Build
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to +80°C|
|Rated to (Amps)||15A|
|Rated to (Voltage)||12V|
|Manufactured from material||Polycarbonate|